Article: Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Sale Information! - Page 3
Join Today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    WARRANTY: Yes. 1 Year. Through Greensum!
    ^
    So what does that warranty cover? since these are A- panels, if there's heavy backlight bleed/bright areas, lots of bad pixels, does that fall under warranty or is it just if it won't start at all? And who's going to pay for the shipping if it's within the first 7days?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonxxorz View Post
    WARRANTY: Yes. 1 Year. Through Greensum!
    ^
    So what does that warranty cover? since these are A- panels, if there's heavy backlight bleed/bright areas, lots of bad pixels, does that fall under warranty or is it just if it won't start at all? And who's going to pay for the shipping if it's within the first 7days?
    Warranty would cover the shipping. The warranty guarantees you get an A- panel. You can't send it back for warranty saying your A- panel isn't as good as an A or A+ panel. :P

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killuchen View Post
    I have been eye balling these for awhile now. Do you think my x2 580 classifieds will be able to hit 120hz?
    No. SLI setups can get 102-103hz maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post
    Warranty would cover the shipping. The warranty guarantees you get an A- panel. You can't send it back for warranty saying your A- panel isn't as good as an A or A+ panel. :P
    Serious backlight bleed/30 bad pixels/half bright area is "normal" ?
    I don't think that's how A- panels are defined. That is simply a defective monitor, otherwise imagine how bad B+ grade panels would be lol.

Emphasis on the word serious. If there's very little, then again no need to complain but if it's just all over the place, is this really how it's going to be when it comes to the warranty? I just want to know so I can make my decision, not trying to argue what's right or wrong in your opinion.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    All I'm saying is that you're getting an A- panel. There are certain specifications that measure various aspects of a panel, and based on how well it meets them, the panel is given a grade. An A- panel is bound to have some issues. Whether you can spot them or not. This is the guide they use for zero dead pixel or standard (these monitors are standard):

So if you were to order a Perfect Pixel monitor and buy the PCB later, anything outside the blue square (Side part) is irrelevant then?

Also, when it comes to "Perfect Pixel", it says "It is an option to be sure about dead pixels and other defects" - that raises two questions to me:
    1) Since they mention after that a "Black(dark) dot is not a defection", what is the difference between a dead pixel and a black(dark) dot?
    2) "And other defects" - any idea what other things they're looking out for?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonxxorz View Post
    So if you were to order a Perfect Pixel monitor and buy then PCB later, anything outside the blue square (Side part) is irrelevant then?

Also, when it comes to "Perfect Pixel", it says "It is an option to be sure about dead pixels and other defects" - that raises two questions to me:
    1) Since they mention after that a "Black(dark) dot is not a defection", what is the difference between a dead pixel and a black(dark) dot?
    2) "And other defects" - any idea what other things they're looking out for?
    There are some pixels which have less or might light coming through. This is sometimes due to sub-pixel issues. Which is what bright/dark dot is. And yes the #5 box is your central area. If there's more than 1 dead pixel, it's defective. As your eye focuses on the center. In the side areas, your eyes don't notice the dead pixels during normal use anyway as it is out of your main area of focus.

Not sure of any other defects that they check for. Best advice I give to people is...if you feel worried about getting a less than perfect monitor, please don't buy it. It just creates a lot of hassle for us since you'll open up a dispute and we get caught in the middle of it all with chargebacks/etc...and we're not even the seller. So not a position we want to put ourselves in.

Under Perfect Pixel policy, from what I understand, anything over 0 bright pixel is defective and I have no idea how many black(dark) dots it takes since all they say is that it's not a defect, but yet, under standard policy, it's described as a dead pixel. So basically, it means under Perfect Pixel you get a monitor with 0 bright pixels and as many as 5 dark pixels until you can RMA it.

Well we all know they're not perfect panels... but why bother charging people that extra 50$ for "Perfect Pixel" if it isn't truly what it's advertised...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Images
    The ones sold here don't come in pixel perfect format. I just pasted a link to the sellers policy regarding pixels, and standard/zero defect panels.

Yeah I know, I even mentioned that earlier: "if you were to order a Perfect Pixel monitor and buy the PCB later"
    So in the end, getting a Perfect Pixel monitor is nice if you want to have 0 bright pixels, however it is far from being a zero defect pixel panel since you can still get up to 5 black pixels.

So essentially, paying the extra 50$ is a silly scam might as well run your luck with a standard one and hope for the best
    Last edited by dragonxxorz; 05-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

yamakasi catleap q270 driver

catleap q270 driver

catleap q270 works with ati hd 5970

5970 q270

yamakasi catleap q270 se driver

27q vs q270 amd hd5970 not compatible with yamakasi catleap q270 crossover 27q vs yamakasicrossover 27q 120hzyamakasi catleap q270 ati 5970driver yamakasi q270yamasaki catleap q270 se 27yamakasi catleap q270 2b extreme pre orderYamakasi Catleap Q270 SE hd5970crossover vs. yamakasi hardwarecrossover 27q vs yamakasi catleap 270yamakasa q270 drivercatleap 32catleap monitor 5970site ya makasiq270 gpu scalingyamakasi catleap compatibilitykjøp yamasaki q270yamakasi 5970yamakasi catleap q270 drivers